For smaller day-to-day IP concerns and consultations, we offer a spot IP consultation service.
- Face-to-face: 6,600 yen /30 min, 13,200 yen/60 min (tax included)
- Mail-based: 3,300 yen/question (tax included)
In the case of Google Meet, we will set up the meeting for you. We will try to accommodate online meetings using other tools (Zoom, Teams, etc.) as much as possible if you contact us.
*After an email-based consultation, we can arrange a face-to-face meeting.
*If we accept your case as a result of the spot IP consultation, the consultation fee will be deducted from the cost.
For example, if you have any of the following inquiries or concerns, please feel free to use it.
- I would like to have a consultation that goes a little further than the free consultation
- I usually do IP work myself, but I want to check with an expert if that is the right way to do it.
- Someone else took action, such as sending a warning letter, but I don’t know how to take the initial action.
- I would like to hear a second opinion about the answers of other patent law firms.
- I would like to hear the opinions of experts as to whether it is really okay to conclude an IP-related contract with this content.
- I would like to talk about my career in the IP industry
If you would like to discuss something more in-depth than the free consultation you have already received, please provide us with a brief summary of your existing consultation in advance so that we can provide you with the most accurate advice possible, even within the limited time available.
We are also open to consultation with those who would like to do the procedures themselves up to a certain point and would like to receive advice on a spot basis. (We have written a collection of tips for such people. Japanese text only, paid articles).
If you would like ongoing advice, we offer a separate IP advisory service. Please click here for details.
*If it is clear that your consultation is complex and will take time to analyze, we may charge an additional fee. In such cases, we will disclose a written estimate in advance and proceed with the consultation upon your agreement.
- Please get in touch with us from the inquiry form below and let us know how you would like to schedule a spot IP consultation. We will then send you an e-mail and you will let us know the specific details of the consultation.
*If we are unable to accept your consultation due to a conflict of interest or other reason, we will notify you to that effect as soon as possible.
If you would like to schedule a face-to-face consultation, please select your preferred consultation date and time from the reservation site linked below(Japanese text only) or let us know your preferred consultation date and time by email.
Please click “About Us” on the left side of the above link to check the dates and times when interviews are not available.
After the details of your consultation and date are determined, we will send you an e-mail according to the payment method you selected in the inquiry form. If you have not yet selected a payment method, please note the following cancellation deadline before contacting us.
* Stripe is used for this credit card payment.Details of Stripe
4. after confirming your payment, we will try to reply to you within 3 business days in principle for e-mail based cases. If it takes longer, we will contact you in advance. We will also send you a summary of our response to your consultation after conducting a spot IP consultation.
- If payment is not confirmed within 3 business days (5 business days if a weekend is involved) after the consultation, date and time are determined, the consultation will be canceled. If payment is not received within 3 business days (5 business days if a weekend is involved) after the consultation date and time has been determined, the consultation will be canceled if payment is not received 6 hours prior to the start of the consultation.
- In principle, no refund will be given if canceled after payment. However, in case of cancellation due to our circumstances, we will refund the full amount including the handling fee.
Available for in-person consultations: *For more information, please contact us.
Weekdays: 10:00-18:00, Saturdays: 10:00-13:00
Closed: Saturday afternoon, Sunday and national holidays
(*Saturday afternoon is negotiable)